Horizon 2020 Policy Support Facility Review of Poland's Higher Education and Science System
2017 - Rapporteur, and expert for knowledge transfer and HE funding.
OECD/LEED Review of Universities, Entrepreneurship and Local Economic Development in Moravia-Silesia, Czech Republic
2013-2014 - Core Expert, co-author and editor for the Reviews with special focus on governance, management, incentives and internationalisation.
OECD Review of Higher Education in Regional and City Development
2005-2013 - OECD project manager and expert for the Reviews of Higher Education in Regional and City Development. Lead evaluator, lead author & editor for the following reviews:
- Basque Country, Spain, 2-7 September 2012
- The State of Sonora, Mexico, 11-16 March 2012
- Wroclaw, Poland, 20-24 February 2012
- The Free State, South Africa, 3-9 October 2010
- Lombardy, Italy, 28 June -2 July 2010
- State of Penang, Malaysia, 16-21 May 2010
- Catalonia, Spain, 1-5 March 2010
- Andalusia, Spain, 25-29 January 2010
- The State of Victoria, Australia, 6-12 December 2009
- Galilee, Israel, 20-28 November 2009
- Paso del Norte, MX-US, 26-31 October 2009
- Southern Arizona, US, 5-9 October 2009
- Berlin, Germany, 14-18 September 2009
- Bio Bio Region, Chile, 17-21 August 2009 (with the World Bank)
In addition, Lead author and editor for the reviews of Antioquia (Colombia), Parana (Brazil) and Veracruz (Mexico).
Other reviews for the World Bank and the OECD
2007 – Expert in the World Bank Review of Higher Education in Kazan, Russia, 10-14 December 2007
2005-2007 – OECD project manager for the IMHE reviews “Supporting the contribution of higher education institutions to regional development” and team coordinator for the following reviews:
- Jutland-Funen, Denmark: 12-18 February 2006
- Jyväskylä region, Finland: 15-21 Jan 2006
- Twente, the Netherlands: 27 Nov -3 Dec 2005
- The North East of England: 9-15 Oct 2005
Reviews 2003-2005: national, local and institutional level
2004-2005 - Lead evaluator for the evaluation of the Health Technology cluster in South West Finland, commissioned by the City of Turku.
2003-2005 - Initiator and lead evaluator of the social responsibility of the Turku University of Applied Sciences; Editor of the social responsibility reports for 2003 and 2004 according to GRI guidelines.
2003-2004 - Lead evaluator of the quality, relevance and sustainability of master’s programmes funded by the ERDF and cohesion funds at the request of the Finnish Ministry of Education: surveyed over 150 programmes, conducted thematic interviews in university centres, drafted recommendations for the Ministry to determine the basis for funding decisions.
2003 - Member of the expert team for the follow-up evaluation of the local and regional impact of the University of Turku, commissioned by the Finnish Higher Education Evaluation Council (FINHEEC): Coordinator and editor of the International Peer Review.
Education, innovation, higher education, regional development, evaluation, science parks, third mission, community engagement, triple helix, smart specialisation, clusters, knowledge triangle
Read OECD Insights blog...
OECD's blog on global perspectives on education. Much more on education...
University World News: the global window on higher education...
UK-based think tank in innovation...
Click on the cover to view the reports...